Scottish Weather Network Forum
July 18, 2018, 11:12:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has RSS for updates and News.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: April 21, 2018, 10:08:32 PM 
Started by Nessie - Last post by Nessie
Hi, I've been running the Nessie on the Net! and Loch Ness Livecams continuously for some 25 years now at http://www.lochness.co.uk and have ust added a Cumulus based weather station to complement the service. We've had literally millions of visitors over the decades and I hope the weather will help monster hunters, visitors and locals alike. The live data is at: http://www.lochness.co.uk/weather.

on: November 03, 2009, 05:46:58 PM 
Started by Shetland Coastie - Last post by jmack
Appreciate you have it wired and sorted, Bob.  I had to do the same with an Ethernet cable for my wireless IP camera webcam a while back.

I have an old style Davis Vantage Pro wireless weather station which has weaker wireless signals than the newer version.  Always had ups and down with reception quality, sometimes losing the connection totally for hours on end for no apparent reason whilst at other times reception might be around 50/60/70%.

Recently, seeing weather station reception quality dipping to under 10%, I decided to move our wireless portable phone base station from the same room as the Vantage Pro console to another telephone socket in another room and replaced it with just a wireless telephone handset within a couple of metres of the VP console where the base station had been.  Weather station reception immediately leapt up to around 98% to 99% and has stayed there consistently since.

So, for anyone else with wireless reception problems, my scenario might be similar to yours - and a similar solution could work for you?!   Smiley

on: October 30, 2009, 12:12:58 PM 
Started by Badbea - Last post by Shetland Coastie
Thanks for that folks. I think 2x active usb cables as Martin has would do fine so I'll get them ordered  Smiley

on: October 30, 2009, 09:20:02 AM 
Started by Shetland Coastie - Last post by Tugmistress
yep Cheesy a lot better - great isn't it!  Tongue

and i would have said don't worry about drilling the wall, i just have mine trapped through the window  Roll Eyes

on: October 29, 2009, 06:43:21 PM 
Started by Badbea - Last post by munrobaggins
My question is, how long can the cable be before you get any problems?
If you are talking about USB extenders then there are specific limitations...see this thread on the WeatherDisplay Forum

on: October 29, 2009, 04:27:30 PM 
Started by Badbea - Last post by Shetland Coastie
Speaking of webcams, Im hoping to get one installed as well. Im looking to build a weatherproof housing (its a Logitech like several others use) and mount it on my anemometer pole, so that it looks out over the bay.

My question is, how long can the cable be before you get any problems?

on: October 29, 2009, 02:12:38 PM 
Started by Shetland Coastie - Last post by Shetland Coastie
Disregard my last! Have got it sorted. Now cabled and cant believe how quickly it updates - must be every 2.5 secs, something like that?

on: October 29, 2009, 12:22:33 PM 
Started by Shetland Coastie - Last post by Shetland Coastie
Bit of a problem there, the missus is dead against me boring a hole in the wall!!!

on: October 29, 2009, 10:06:26 AM 
Started by Shetland Coastie - Last post by Budgie
Like Paula, I've always had mine wired and it's still work fine after 5 years outside, plus the updates are much faster.  Wink
Try it wired to see if it's the transmitter or not, if it is then I would think about maybe a new station if you really want a wireless station as a new temp/hum sensor pack for the WS2300 is nearly half the price of a new station.

on: October 28, 2009, 10:55:23 PM 
Started by Shetland Coastie - Last post by Tugmistress
Hi bob,
get it on wired!
I had no problems with the thermo hygro sensor thingy when i had that model, i had a dodgy reed valve in the rain gauge and the windy thing 'froze' on me though. i tried running mine wireless the only obstacle being the window and it was useless!

Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10