Scottish Weather Network Forum
July 21, 2018, 03:13:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SCWN has updated the Mesomap with new features, like the inclusion of Gust Speed, Dew Point, station's home town name.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wunderground  (Read 862 times)
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« on: December 03, 2008, 08:53:04 PM »

Curiousity here, does anyone else upload their data to wunderground? only asking as had an email from them today
munrobaggins
Global Moderator
Cirrus

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 09:16:16 PM »

Yes...I have for about three years now.  I'm impressed as to how good their site has become.  They are also particularly good for one's own data and webcam records (they can be seen as movies)... I upload using WD..My site data via Wunderground can normally be be seen here, although this evening things are looking a bit odd...they occasionally do updates to the look of their sites and this may be well be one of those currently underway..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:18:24 PM by munrobaggins » Logged

Regards,

Baggins
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:19:49 PM »

yeah i upload just using WD too ... if it wasn't for me adding their 'badge' to my website i wouldn't have a scooby where my data was in their 'forest' lol
munrobaggins
Global Moderator
Cirrus

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »

I just tried to get your data using just the Wunderground search and it didn't know of a Scrabster.....whereas when I do the same for Elgin it seems to come up with my site...What/where/how is your site listed via them?

Edit: I'm presuming that you are the listed Thurso PWS site that does come up..at 73metres
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 09:35:14 PM by munrobaggins » Logged

Regards,

Baggins
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:14:51 AM »

mine is this one http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=ICAITHNE2 Smiley
munrobaggins
Global Moderator
Cirrus

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 10:53:09 AM »

Yes, that is the same data (but far more complete) that you get by searching "Thurso, UK" on Wunderground....your elevation gives it away....Strangely my Elgin webcam image  Shocked also came up alongside your weather details when using the search for Thurso wx....Do you have a link on your webpage somewhere, to the full Wunderground Scrabster Caithness Wx?  I didn't spot one!

Regards,

Baggins
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 03:20:06 PM »

yes i have the wunderground square thingy at the bottom of each page if you scroll down far enough Smiley click on that and it takes you to the page i linked to above Smiley that's the only way i know how to get onto it there lol
munrobaggins
Global Moderator
Cirrus

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 11:18:42 AM »

A bit like my Homepage....hidden links...I should have thought of that one  Embarrassed

Regards,

Baggins
nptohc

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 01:07:59 AM »

Yup - I upload here: http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=IDUNSGRE1

(I forgot SCWN had a forum!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked)
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 10:53:39 AM »

(I forgot SCWN had a forum!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked)

The email worked then.  Grin
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 11:57:41 AM »

i guess the email did work lol

ok i'll spill about why i was asking about wunderground. i originally got an email from a guy in the states saying that they are planning a big press push in the uk about wunderground and a new 3 hourly forecast thingy for the whole 5 day forecast and also about personal weather stations and asked if i would mind being interviewed by the mail on sunday, so i agreed. anyway, the mail on sunday pulled out for whatever reason and the interview didn't happen. but, a couple of days later a got another email from the london company that is dealing with the PR asking a little bit more about me and asking if they could still do the interview as they are hoping to get the whole wunderground thing in the press over here within the next month, so again i agreed and i was interviewed for 50 minutes on thursday night.
I mentioned uploading to here aswell  Grin and the bloke has since been rooting round my website and has asked for some photo's of me  Shocked

if i hear anything else about this project i'll keep you updated, hopefully this site will get a mention in the article too, he has said he'll write it up and email it to me to check he has details right, fingers crossed you'll get a few more stations to add  Grin
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 12:37:31 PM »

So you're world famous now then!!  Grin
You'll have to let us know when the article is being published.

It would be good if Wunderground were to get more info for this side of the "Pond", like the radar & satellite stuff they produce for the U.S. But 3 hourly forecasts is a start and if the pickup over here is large enough then maybe they will look into other things for us.  Smiley

I've been uploading my own data & webcam images since April last year and used their forcasts for Stornoway until I got WXSim a few months ago. I tried Rapidfire a couple of times but really slowed things down on my PC so they get my data using the normal method now.

Good luck with the article and thanks for the plug.  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: