Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 24, 2018, 07:15:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Scottish Weather Network Forum

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New website  (Read 5399 times)
Shetland Coastie
Altocumulus

« on: May 05, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »

Hi all

Just to let you know my new weather website is now up and running at http://www.gulberwickweather.co.uk

First one I've designed and built all by myself!!

My last site was just a freebie with fortunecity but I got fed up of their ads etc which is the price you pay for a freebie. So I paid a very reasonable sum to the nice people at heart internet and there we go.

Grin

Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 09:46:22 AM »

Looking good.  Grin
I bet there's plans to mess around with some of the other stuff that WD can upload for you.  Wink

skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 01:42:47 PM »

Just to let you know my new weather website is now up and running at http://www.gulberwickweather.co.uk
Nice.  Smiley

You might like to check the link on Pictures => Gulberwick Sunrise 3-3.jpg
That comes up as a File not Found error for me.

At the risk of teaching granny about eggs, take special care about "CaSe senSitiVity" in web file names. Most servers are case sensitive, i.e. "Gulberwick Sunrise 3-3.jpg" and "Gulberwick sunrise 3-3.jpg" would not be considered the same (unlike on Windows).

In general the safest approach for web file names is to stick with all lower case, and no spaces...

Regards
David
Shetland Coastie
Altocumulus

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 06:32:01 PM »

Yep Im aware of that picture, I had to fiddle around with that page and the file seems to have been mislaid so I'll just upload it again. Wouldn't you know it of course but just as I get it looking good my damned anemometer goes on the blink!! Its showing the direction ok but not the speed. I took it down yesterday and there was crap in the impeller, so I removed all that but still no joy, I think there might be some crap inside as well.

I notice they don't make the impeller type anymore so perhaps its a know problem with that type. Anywas Ive order a replacement from the Weather Shop (with cups) so hopefully will get that sorted on my 'swing' day on Saturday.
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2009, 09:53:59 PM »

Yep, I got through two of the fan type on my WS2300 before switching to the cup type. Each of the fans only lasted about 6 months before rust started to set in and then the fan just went solid.
The cups lasted about 18 months before they fell off after a storm a couple of months ago. Again the shaft was rusty and it looks like the force of the wind snapped it.  Sad
If you get ehe same problem with the new anemometer then you could go for the Vortex which will work through WD and you can still use the wind direction from the WS2300 anemometer. Plus the update speed from the Vortex is soooo much faster at around 2 second.  Wink

Shetland Coastie
Altocumulus

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2009, 08:59:11 AM »

Woohoo!

New anemometer installed and working  Grin
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:33 PM »

Good stuff, enjoy your nightshift.  Grin

weathermaster
Cirrus

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 08:07:01 AM »

You use heart internet to  Grin same here.
Shetland Coastie
Altocumulus

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »

Hi Sean

Yep find them really good, uploading your site is a breeze and oodles of stuff. Have just updated my site btw, given it a few tweaks.  Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: