Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 22, 2018, 10:35:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has 57 member stations!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Thunderstorms 06/07/09  (Read 10705 times)
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 05:56:50 AM »

says it's uploading  Huh
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2009, 09:13:27 AM »

You're on the map now so it is working.  Wink

Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2009, 04:31:43 PM »

yeah and i keep dropping off too Sad

it's like the programme stops itself after a while, been out and come back to find it off again Sad
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

done it again Sad
double clicked and got this ...
TYPE A
200 Type set to A
PASV
227 Entering Passive Mode (80,82,113,234,198,136).
STOR clientraw.txt
550 clientraw.txt: Temporary hidden file /httpdocs/weather/.in.clientraw.txt. already exists
141: 550 clientraw.txt: Temporary hidden file /httpdocs/weather/.in.clientraw.txt. already exists
File uploaded at time :19:15:59
Ballogieweather
Nimbostratus

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 05:31:55 AM »

Hi Paula glad your back

I had a similar problem here but not so bad, lost the main phone socket but somehow internet still worked, however the hub makes the phone line appear engaged, waiting for a new hub any day.

Those .in. temporary file are familiar to me here as well, only I,ve been getting them for about the last two or three months, I thought it was a problem with the old software I'm using, so have kind of put up with it, but now I'm not to sure, every now and again one will appear on the server and this blocks any further upload from that point on in my upload list, it is inconsistent and can be any file that gets prefixed even a GIF.

Ive just been logging on to the server and deleting them which fixes it till the next one.

Its a pain which I thought was just mine so I now wonder if anyone has any more Ideas?

Maybe we should start a new Thread on it....

skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 08:12:30 AM »

Those .in. temporary file are familiar to me here as well...it is inconsistent and can be any file that gets prefixed even a GIF.
I'm not certain but I have a feeling it could be part of a technique used by WD to avoid the problem of a file being requested while a fresh copy is being uploaded.

i.e. instead of (say) clientraw.txt being uploaded directly, which would leave the file unreadable for the duration of the upload, the file is uploaded as in.clientraw.txt, then the old clientraw.txt is deleted and the new is renamed. The delete & rename bits of that should be very quick, so there is very little potential for interruption in the availability of clientraw.txt.

Does that make sense?

Quite why there should be in. files hanging around and getting in the way I'm not sure - unless maybe there are two FTP instances trying to upload at the same time?

Maybe we should start a new Thread on it....
Weather-Watch might be a better place for this sort of question?

Regards
David
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 08:37:00 AM »

think i've sussed it, for me at least, i ticked the box that says restart instead of re login
Ballogieweather
Nimbostratus

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 04:14:33 PM »

Thanks skyewright,

I think that may make sense, although I don't use WD but WL that problem may still exist. I will look into it and have a play with my upload list to see if it makes any difference.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: