Scottish Weather Network Forum
April 26, 2018, 04:34:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has RSS for updates and News.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Webcam now at Easter Badbea  (Read 93 times)
Badbea

« on: October 22, 2009, 12:06:52 PM »

I have now set up a webcam at Easter Badbea which can be seen on my WDL web site. I have used the Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 which seems to work very well, although I have not yet had any bright morning sun to see what happens then.  It is pointing more or less East.

The only problem I have is that I don't seem to be able to use my Logitech Quickcam Communicate STX at the same time on Skype. Huh

I have also recently updated both WD and WDL and I like the configurator in WDL.  Lots more to play with here yet.
However, so far so good. Grin

Phil
skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 09:40:08 AM »

although I have not yet had any bright morning sun to see what happens then.  It is pointing more or less East.
Looking good at 0933.
The sun is pretty obviously right in the line of sight and thus obscuring detail in the sky, but the middle and foreground seem largely unaffected.

Regards
David
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »

If it proves too much for the webcam then find an old pair of sun glasses and put one of the lenses in front of the webcam.
Nothing too dark though, just enough to tone down the brightness of the Sun. Wink
munrobaggins
Global Moderator
Cirrus

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 09:56:02 AM »

There are lots of settings that you can play around with in the WD webcamcapture panel....I have found that using them all in auto is not always the best......White balance, gain, brightness, contrast, etc etc...

Experiment a little and see how it all goes..

Regards,

Baggins
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: