Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 23, 2018, 02:05:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Scottish Weather Network Forum

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A quick hello from Lochgelly, Fife  (Read 4353 times)
fifeweather.co.uk

« on: March 08, 2010, 04:42:56 PM »

Hi All,

Just joined the SCWN and very pleased to have joined the network, having just recently discovered it.  I run FifeWeather.co.uk, which has been online since Feb '06.  More recently though, I've also built a mobile weather lab, which I'm hoping to get along to some of the bigger outdoor events this year (last year was mainly technical testing but I did manage to cover a couple of events).

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello to you all and thank Martin for his prompt responses in getting me into the network so quickly.  I think it's a great initiative and I'm very please to be able to contribute my data to it!

Cheers,
Graham

Graham
My Weather Sites:
FifeWeather.co.uk
WeatherEvents.net
carseman
Global Moderator
Cirrus

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 04:52:08 PM »

Graham,
Welcome to SCWN. Your mobile weather lab looks like fun.

Chris
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 02:17:58 PM »

Hi Graham and welcome to the forum.

I've seen your mobile weather lab before, maybe on MWF?

Good to see you managed to get the SCWN map up & running so fast on your site and thanks for the link backs.  Grin

Martin.

fifeweather.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 04:36:11 PM »

Many thanks for the welcome Chris and Martin!!

Chris, seems like I haven't spoken to you in ages.. hows life up in the Carse?

Martin, I posted some info about the lab on weather-watch.com, which is perhaps where you came across it?  It's a bit of fun... as with most hobbies, costing me loads of money and I've still got loads of ideas of hardware I want to incorporate into the mobile lab.  But my wife keeps reminding me of how much I've already spent on it. Cheesy Cheesy  It sobers me up pretty quick! Smiley 

Here's a (now old) pic of the rear interior.  There's a little more kit mounted now, this was taken shortly after the initial build. I'm going to try and take some more current pics in the coming week or two.

Thanks again for welcoming me into the SCWN fold!

Graham
My Weather Sites:
FifeWeather.co.uk
WeatherEvents.net
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: