Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 20, 2018, 11:15:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has 57 member stations!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather Station died!  (Read 3470 times)
Shetland Coastie
Altocumulus

« on: September 08, 2010, 07:39:36 AM »

After several years of withstanding everything the Shetland weather could throw at it my little WS2300 has died and gone to weather station heaven! I was always intending to upgrade but this has forced my hand! So a brand new weather station on the way - WMR200X) which should arrive on Thursday. So hopefully, everything should be up and running again either Thurs or Fri.
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 09:24:35 AM »

What's gone on the WS2300, is it the console?

Shetland Coastie
Altocumulus

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 09:36:27 AM »

Hi Martin, no it was the thermo-hygro. Checked where the cables connect and there was corrosion coming out from inside so I reckon the circuitry inside has had it. Tried everything, cleaned it up, new batteries etc etc but its stone dead. I was intending to get another station anyways just not so soon!

Anyways the new station is now up and running and uplaoding to the website. Had a few gremlins with Weather Display but a quick e-mail to Brian Hamilton took care of that!
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 10:04:43 AM »

Oh well, I guess you'll just have to stick with the new touch screen then!!  Grin

Glad it's all back up & running.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: