Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 23, 2018, 02:02:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has 57 member stations!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Download from VP2  (Read 2718 times)
Badbea

« on: August 31, 2010, 08:21:23 AM »

Hi all,

Been using w7 64 bit for a while now without any problems, also using USB to ethernet cable adapters  (12 m length) and got round the USB lockup problems.  However, WD has suddenly stopped downloading data from VP2 at 98 or 99% when I switch on in the mornings and the last 6 minutes if data is not downloaded. At the end of the download, instead of showing the current time the download box  shows some previous time eg this morning it jumped back to 13.19 on the 29th August.  I can only assume a data/program corruption somewhere but where?  I have removed all power from console and restarted, I have deleted console data and restarted, but the next morning still does the same.

I have tried doing an update to build 44 from build 28 but it seems to be treating me as a new registration rather than pick up on my present install.  This has not happened before - updates have gone very smoothly in the past.  I don't want to proceed in case it does not read all my current data

Are these two linked?  Any ideas on them?

Phil Angry
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »

It's a new one on me Phil and I don't have any experience with Win7 (still on clunky XP here  Wink).

I would try on the Weather Watch forum and see if anyone on there can help, or maybe send an email to Brian (Windy) and see if he has had this reported to him before.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: