Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 23, 2018, 04:22:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Scottish Weather Network Forum

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new member  (Read 3952 times)
Monadh

« on: December 28, 2010, 04:43:31 PM »

Hi,

I have two weather stations one at Nethy Bridge, Inverness-shire and the other at West Clyne, Brora, Sutherland.

Full details can be seen here http://www.monadh-ruadh.co.uk/

Having a bit of trouble with the wind measurements at Nethy Bridge but hopefully should be fixed when new parts arrive.

Ray
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 05:35:27 PM by Monadh » Logged
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:52:59 PM »

Welcome to the forum Ray.
Your two stations bring the Scottish Weather Network to a total of 50 weather stations on the map.  Grin

With the anemometer on your Nethy Bridge station, have you gone for the newer cup type (I think it's the TX20 if memory serves me) as this is much more reliable than the older fan type that came with the WS2300s?

Martin.

Monadh

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 07:09:17 PM »

It has the cup type, but not sure if it's the anemometer or the electronics.  I have ordered a complete station that I can use for future spares at both sites - hopefully should be fully operational again next week.
skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 03:51:55 PM »

Welcome Ray.  Grin

Your two stations bring the Scottish Weather Network to a total of 50 weather stations on the map.  Grin
That's really impressive. I imagine there may be more on at least some of the other networks as they have bigger areas and populations, but it would be surprising if we are beaten on density of coverage!

Regards
David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: