Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 24, 2018, 07:34:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has 57 member stations!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Member saying Hello  (Read 3711 times)
Wuffing

« on: November 21, 2011, 02:36:18 PM »

Hello,
I'm a fairly new member (joined 42 mins ago) and don't have a weather station myself but came across this forum in a search for detailed daily weather records for Loch Ness or nearby.

I found a comprehensive set of records for Elgol but have utterly failed to grasp the workings of the search facility so far.

Is there a nearer (to Loch Ness than Elgol) member with online records giving conditions at different times of the day, particularly wind direction and speed? My immediate interest is for the conditions on 28 - 08- 2011. Thank you very much. W
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 05:16:14 PM »

Welcome to the forum.

If you look on the map on the main website you'll see where all the network stations are located.
The nearest to Loch Ness is at Teanassie, near Beauly but sadly this station seems to have been off line since April.
The next closest are the two in Dingwall.

skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 10:56:49 AM »

Welcomr to the forum.

I found a comprehensive set of records for Elgol
That's mine.  Smiley
However, as you undoubtedly realise, in weather & climate terms Elgol data is not terribly useful for reference to Loch Ness. As well as not being very close (at least in Scottish terms) the two locations are quite different in nature. Temp, wind, rain, sunshine, etc. are all likely to be markedly different.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 10:58:40 AM by skyewright » Logged

Regards
David
Wuffing

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 01:29:02 PM »

Thank you for the information, and the welcome. There was a weather station at Foyers power station a few years ago but I haven't managed to make contact with the operators yet, so I don't know if it still exists. W.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: