Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 19, 2018, 01:51:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Scottish Weather Network Forum

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: phew...!  (Read 5365 times)
Bill W
Nimbostratus

« on: May 27, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »

Hi all,
These past few days have been extra-ordinary. My electronic weather station has recorded 30 deg C + a couple of times but with direct solar heating I'm sure it's not been a "real" 30 deg C.
However this afternoon my screen max/min hit 30 deg C.

I hope this bodes well for the rest of the summer!
cheers,
Bill.
skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »

These past few days have been extra-ordinary. My electronic weather station has recorded 30 deg C + a couple of times but with direct solar heating I'm sure it's not been a "real" 30 deg C.
However this afternoon my screen max/min hit 30 deg C.
Friday was the hottest here, reaching 27.5C.

That's 0.1C less than the "station record", but the record (from July 2008) was with inferior equipment that was more susceptable to solar heating, so I think Friday was hotter in reality. In support of that theory, the "6am to 6pm" daytime temp for Friday was indeed a record ( albeit a short record, as it was overtaken on Saturday with 23.9C even though the max temp on Saturday was half a degree lower than Friday at 27.0C).

Regards
David
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »

High temp station record achieved here on Sunday with 23.7 C being recorded, 0.5 higher than my 2009 record.
So not quite as warm as you "Southerners"  Cheesy but warm for up here. 

skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:50:31 AM »

High temp station record achieved here on Sunday with 23.7 C being recorded, 0.5 higher than my 2009 record.
So not quite as warm as you "Southerners"  Cheesy but warm for up here. 
Warm indeed. It's not often the case here that opening the windows for ventilation means that you'd be warming the house 'cos it's warmer out there than in here!

Cooler and damper now, and the midges are loving it...

Regards
David
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 01:29:08 PM »

15-20 knots of Northerly wind have kept the midges at bay over here.  Grin

skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »

15-20 knots of Northerly wind have kept the midges at bay over here.  Grin
We have builders working around the front (WSW) of the house at the moment. Yesterday, in the morning shade (sun still behind the house), in light drizzle, and 'sheltered' from the NE breeze they were being eaten alive. However they've seen it before and had the attitude "only to be expected this time of year", "lucky to have got away with it for so long" - but they still seemed a lot happier later in the day when it got brighter, drier, breezier, and less midgy...

Regards
David
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 07:57:50 AM »

Just looking at the May figures and I've also recorded the Sunniest month since I got a solar sensor with 203.7 hours during the month and four days that all had over 14 hours of sunshine.
I also not registered any rain for last 14 days, and that is some record up here.  Grin
The stiff you have in Skye yesterday missed us up here.  Wink

skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 12:48:44 PM »

Just looking at the May figures and I've also recorded the Sunniest month since I got a solar sensor with 203.7 hours during the month and four days that all had over 14 hours of sunshine.
You just beat us (196.1hrs). Our highest were a series of 4 consecutive days just over 13hr each (followed by a 12.9hr). In the evening we are limited on sunshine hours by the sun passing behind the hill that rises immediately NW of us; at this time of the year that happens at ~1945.

Regards
David
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: