Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 24, 2018, 07:10:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has 57 member stations!

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fife newbie  (Read 2897 times)
Solas

« on: December 21, 2013, 08:44:26 PM »

Hello all, came across this site the other day when looking for local forecasts! Dont know much about forecasting weather but i spend a lot of time on a local beach! I am into metal detecting so knowing the weather and tides are a big part of my hobby. As a metal detectorist i an always looking for high winds with big tides to stir up the beaches!
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 01:37:37 PM »

Welcome to the forum.  Grin

You're in luck at the moment if it's high winds you're looking for, especially over the West side of the country were I am, we've had nothing but for what seems like months!!

We're mostly here for people with their own weather station who upload the data to a personal website but we're always happy to help with other hobbies.

If you have a look on the main map you'll see where your closest weather stations are and I'm sure some of them produce their own forecasts using software like WXSIMWink

So, what sort of things have you found? It may be something that I could get into.  Grin

Martin

Solas

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:24:38 PM »

We find alsorts or stuff, coins, buckles, buttons and various types of artifacts! I say we because I am a member of a metal detecting forum called  www.Toddy's-digs.co.uk. We hold a dig most Sundays, around 30-40 detectorists will descend upon a farm some where in Scotland. Its all good fun with a great bunch of all ages.

Jim.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: