Scottish Weather Network Forum
October 20, 2018, 10:25:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SCWN has updated the Mesomap with new features, like the inclusion of Gust Speed, Dew Point, station's home town name.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Falkirk, Stirlingshire  (Read 1154 times)
ScotWeather

« on: June 08, 2008, 10:44:58 PM »

Hi
I'm Kate from ScotWeather based in Falkirk.  I run my own WS2300 weather station and have a hobby interest in the weather.  I don't go chasing at the moment but it is something I'd love to do.  I'm one of the only people publishing HeavyWeather data on both UKWN and here at Scottish Weather Network.

Its also SO nice to see some familiar people here and for those of you who know me as either Scotweather or Nimbus........ HI !  Wink

Regards
Kate

scotweather.co.uk
skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2008, 10:50:53 PM »

Welcome to the Forum, Kate.  Smiley

Regards
David
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2008, 11:08:14 PM »

Hi Kate,

Welcome on board, nice to have anotehr WS2300 user on here and WUHU is working just fine with the network. Cheesy
Gogs
Altocumulus

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 12:13:33 AM »

Hi Kate, and welcome.

Good to see more people joining in.

I came in through a back door, so to speak.

I am more into Home Automation, basically HomeSeer, and have always had a fascination with the weather.

HomeSeer can control a lot of devices depending on the weather, interfaced with Weather Display, hence I made the jump and purchased a Weather Station, Weather Display, Wether Display Live, and joined this forum, plus a couple of others along the road.

Wow for one month that was a shock for the bank.  Grin

I have always been fascinated by the weather, sailing has a bit to do with that, however, to watch what is happening around and what is going on here is fascinating.

Welcome Aboard Kate.

ScotWeather

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 10:23:27 AM »

Hi and thank you all for the warm welcome.  Some of you know me from one or two popular other forums and even perhaps my own.
I also run a Scottish centred website as until now Scottish Resources have been scarce in one place.  I also enjoy doing graphics and have some wind dial graphics that can be used to represent wind direction.  If you would like a copy of them for your website then just let me know (FOC of course).

Here is one of them.

I really hope this site grows from strength to strength.

If anyone who runs Heavy Weather Beta 2 release wants to know how to get their data on the Scottish Weather Network Meso Map please let me know.

Cheers
Kate
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:26:36 AM by ScotWeather » Logged

Regards
Kate

scotweather.co.uk
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 11:06:58 AM »

If you want to put together a wee FAQ then that maybe handy for others who would like to join.
You could put it in the Mesomap Changes/Instructions area if you want.  Grin

I've now added the WUHU stickertags file to the site, along with the instructions, so it is now fully supported on here, as you are proving.  Wink

Nice graphics btw.  Grin
ScotWeather

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:26 AM »

If you want to put together a wee FAQ then that maybe handy for others who would like to join.
You could put it in the Mesomap Changes/Instructions area if you want.  Grin

I've now added the WUHU stickertags file to the site, along with the instructions, so it is now fully supported on here, as you are proving.  Wink

Nice graphics btw.  Grin

Thanks.

I would put together a how to do whats it but members would have to join another forum to get the bit required to be able to parse the data from Heavy Weather.  What is your policy on mentioning other forums ?

Regards
Kate

scotweather.co.uk
ScotWeather

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2008, 11:14:36 AM »

I've now added the WUHU stickertags file to the site, along with the instructions, so it is now fully supported on here, as you are proving

What are WUHU stickertags and where do I find them please ?

Regards
Kate

scotweather.co.uk
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2008, 11:34:45 AM »

Feel free to mention other forums. Most of use are members of them anyway so I don't see that it matters.  Wink

WUHU is the Weather Underground/Heavy Weather Uploader program, which is what I thought you were using. If you've got another setup the we would be pleased to hear about it, and so would the other networks I'm sure.  Grin

The Stickertags is the name given to the textfile that members upload to their website so that the SCWN server can fetch the data. There's a copy of it here: http://www.scottishweather.net/WUHU_stickertags.txt
ScotWeather

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »

Thank you Budgie.

I will take a look at WUnderground.

Regards
Kate

scotweather.co.uk
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: