Scottish Weather Network Forum
January 23, 2018, 08:12:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Scottish Weather Network Forum

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tap.. Tap.. Tap.. Is this thing on? (crickets chirping softly in background...)  (Read 4692 times)
saratogaWX
Global Moderator
Nimbostratus

« on: July 06, 2008, 12:22:01 AM »

So.. It must be Summer in Scotland and everyone is on holiday, yes..

very quiet here  Roll Eyes Grin

I hope it's NOT because Nessie has been sighted and you're all out taking photos.

Best regards,
Ken

Ken True/Saratoga, CA
saratoga-weather.org
Wunderground:  KCASARAT1
CWOP:  CW1792
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS
Free Weather PHP Scripts/Templates
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 11:00:59 AM »

We had summer in May Ken, well as far as the weather goes anyway.  Grin
The schools are on summer break at the moment though.

I've just been busy with work, finished my shifts on Saturday morning & now on 4 days off.
Last week I finished building a shed so we can get all the gardening stuff out of the garage, still got a bench to construct in that.

We're away for a week touring the Scottish Highlands in a few weeks so the Discovery needs to have new rear brake discs, wheel bearings & shocks done, plus a full service, before we go. So that's #1 priority at the moment.

I've also been helping Vernon to get www.thetfordweather.co.uk up & running and I've got to fit in some time to Beta test WDL for Julian.

So all in all, I've been a busy Budgie of late and as you've done such a good job with coding the network then it's been running like a dream, so there's been nothing to do in here.
When I get back from holiday then we'll have another push to try & get some more members as we still have a few blank areas on the map and we've not had a new station join for a few weeks now.  Wink

skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 11:16:07 AM »

We had summer in May Ken, well as far as the weather goes anyway.  Grin
Very nice here Friday, Saturday and so far today (Sunday).  Smiley

Yesterday was mainly spent doing battle with the grass, which had definitely got out of hand! I don't aim for a lawn, but it's nice to at least be able to take a stroll around so I try to maintain a circuit of paths.

I'm also (slowly) working on a 'saucer' style radiation shield and an improved mast...

Regards
David
saratogaWX
Global Moderator
Nimbostratus

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 12:44:18 AM »

Whew!  Glad you're off doing nifty things Grin

Martin, your work with Vernon has put you up for Sainthood  (St. Martin-in-the-Fields maybe Smiley )  Seriously, that was a very patient and methodical response as you worked through the many issues in setup of that site.  Bravo!

David, I need to move my temp/humidity sensor set of my Davis ISS down from the roof and to a north-facing wall (leaving the UV, Solar, Rain and Anemometer on the roof).  This coming week promises another Hot-Spell (temps to 105F/40C) for our neck of the woods as a large ridge of High pressure sets up in the Great Basin near Utah and we get hot offshore flow instead of cool marine flow.  So the ISS move will wait until the temps settle back into normal range.

Best regards,
Ken

Ken True/Saratoga, CA
saratoga-weather.org
Wunderground:  KCASARAT1
CWOP:  CW1792
Davis Vantage Pro Plus - FARS
Free Weather PHP Scripts/Templates
Tugmistress
Cirrus

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »

I've not gone anywhere except work too Sad
and summer was may here aswell Sad been nothing but that horrible sea harr hanging around for days now, can't wait for the wind to get up and get out of the Easterly eart then it should clear off Smiley
Got silly season on the ferries at the moment, am up at 2.30am tomorrow as we get one of our 'guests' arriving, i start work at 3.15am every wednesday for the next 9 weeks i think it is left now when the MF Norrona calls here then off she goes to the Faroe Islands and Iceland (gawd those foreigners are hard work lol).
ah well, nearly time for bed when i've finished my beer Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: