Scottish Weather Network Forum
November 21, 2018, 11:58:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Scottish Weather Network now has RSS for updates and News.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi from Ayr  (Read 1776 times)
masseyjim
Nimbostratus

About to cause trafic jams on Ayrshire roads.

« on: October 15, 2008, 10:04:25 PM »

Hi all thanks for the warm welcome from the admin last night when i mailed him with some questions and he invited me to join . I dont as yet have a station but I am looking to get one soon . I dont know about putting it on the web tho but i spose i can always learn . i work as a horticulturalist / arboroculturist so weather is quite important to me but untill now did not know it could be monitored by almost any one . Thanks for having me i will now sittt back and learn .  Smiley

Jim
skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 10:13:31 PM »

Welcome aboard, I'm sure you'll find a lot of interest in being able to measure and analyse your local weather data.
For example only the other day I was noticing how the soil temp at 100mm depth had warmed noticeably during the afternoon even on what appeared to be a dull day. I've not had a full year yet, and I'm particularly interested to see how the soil warms in the spring.

Regards
David
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 08:37:09 AM »

Hi Jim,

Glad you made it on here.
It's not been that busy of late on the forum but, as I said in the email, feel free to ask question or advice and I'm sure you'll get an answer.  Wink

We can advise on the weather station, setting up a website and get you started.
You don't need to know that much about web design to start a website, you just need an idea.  Grin

Martin.
DaveH64
Nimbostratus

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 05:48:14 PM »

Hi Jim from some else from Ayrshire. Sorry for the delay in greeting work/courses been busy this year.

Dave Hancox
masseyjim
Nimbostratus

About to cause trafic jams on Ayrshire roads.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 07:23:45 AM »

Hi Dave thanks for the kind words of greetings from a fellow ayrshireite hope to chat perhaps this year and learn a bit about this weather station stuff every one has been very helpfull and encouraging .

Jim
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: