Scottish Weather Network Forum
August 16, 2018, 07:06:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SCWN has updated the Mesomap with new features, like the inclusion of Gust Speed, Dew Point, station's home town name.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: another newbie  (Read 2708 times)
skyewright
Administrator
Cirrus

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »

On the Lacrosse  is the main part with the rain sensors and the anemometer seperate, in that the anemometer could be at the top of a pole and the rest down beside the chimneys ( sheltered ) ,
I can't comment on how the Lacrosse components can be arranged but in general terms it's a good idea to have the rain gauge pretty close to the ground (but not so close as to catch splashes) in an open area. Mine are at ~2' over grass.
The higher up they are the more subject they are to under reading because of wind effects.

Regards
David
munrobaggins
Global Moderator
Cirrus

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009, 10:45:47 PM »

On the Lacrosse  is the main part with the rain sensors and the anemometer seperate, in that the anemometer could be at the top of a pole and the rest down beside the chimneys ( sheltered ) , i know the Davis is like that.
I can only speak for the WS2310 and am presuming that the 2350 is similar....The outside hunidity/temperature sensor contains the Tx (I use the wireless mode to the Console, but it could be wired) and this is connected by separate cables to the anemometer and rain guage (these cables are about 10m/30ft long and can be extended further I believe)....thus it is possible to place the individual sensors in reasonable locations....My anemometer (vane and fan) happens to be at the top of a sawn off Cupressus tree, the Temp/hygro at the foot (not too sheltered but on the north side within a home made plant-tray Stevenson Screen) and finally the rain guage is on a short post on the lawn....note though, that for this setup my Vortex windspeed unit is actually up on the same mast as the Davis anemometer but is of the wired type...

I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:48:10 PM by munrobaggins » Logged

Regards,

Baggins
sandy

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 01:54:59 PM »

Thank you for the help and advice above.
I may have another problem, but maybe not.
I have had the website for the house made up by a chap a few miles away, and mentioned to him that i was thinking of getting a weather station and would have a link to website, his reply was   -  I don't think that I could help you with the weather station linked to  the website - sounds like a nightmare! -.
I dont have any settings/ passwords ect for the website
I am intending to get Weather Display.
I was going to get a 2nd hand pc and leave it working all the time when i am away, its only aim in life being to service the weather station.
My web hosting is by claranet.
Would anyone like to comment, ( change my web designer hopefully isnt one of them, but it may have to be considered )

sandy
Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 04:19:10 PM »

The simplest inclusion of the weather data from WD only needs one extra page on you website, or you can upload the dials & graphs to an existing page.
There is no requirement for a redesign on the site and it's quite easy to setup, but you will need the server login details for you site as WD uses an automatic FTP upload programme to upload the weather data and this needs to be able to "talk" to the server.
If the chap who made your site has used a template for the site then all we need is a copy of the basic page and one of us can input the required coding for you.  Wink
sandy

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 05:20:53 PM »

Thanks for that, it seems as if things can progress ok.
Apart from buying the weather station, Weather Display, and fitting the thing to the side of the house i cant think of any other hicups that i may come across.
I'll have a look to see what the prices are and still intend to goto the Weather Shop to see the thing before i buy it, i may buy it there or else where, but it would be nice to see one before i buy it.
Apart from trying to measure how much cable i may need to get to my flat i hope that is everything thought of.
             yours
               sandy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: