Scottish Weather Network Forum
May 23, 2018, 03:56:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SCWN has updated the Mesomap with new features, like the inclusion of Gust Speed, Dew Point, station's home town name.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Chris from SLOweather here...  (Read 331 times)
SLOweather

Notes from the outpost...

« on: May 20, 2008, 02:58:16 PM »

Hi,

A little over 2 years ago, I started the Southwestern Weather Network in the US, covering the states of California, Nevada, Arizona, and Utah. Since then, we've grown, developed, and refined our network and the mesomap with its rotating conditions.

In the last 3 or 4 weeks, interest has exploded in this type of regional weather network of personal weather stations across the US and now the world, with the formation of at least 8 new networks, including your own Scottish Weather Network.

I registered here so that I could welcome you all to this wonderful networks of networks, and so that I could check here occasionally and answer any questions that you might have.

I could also claim some ethnic membership, being at least 1/4 Scottish, on my Mother's side (Dunbar). Smiley

Chris
www.sloweather.com

Budgie
Administrator
Noctilucent

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 03:04:34 PM »

Hi Chris,

Welcome to our little corner of the world.  Grin

It's all thanks to yourself & Ken that we've managed to get this off the ground over here, I only found out about the networks when I was asked but Jack on the NEWN to make them a banner.
After doing a few other banners for the new networks (including the North American one now) then I thought you had a good thing going there so I approached Ken to help put this one together.

You're welcome to pop in any time.

Martin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: